Understanding the Nuts and Bolts of any Video Camera
Date: Tuesday 8/7/2018
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: 440 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Use a video camera like a pro by understanding the fundamental technical aspects of video camera use. We’ll show you the important functions and how they work together to make great shots.
7 slots left
You have minutes to get that shot
- Do you have the best exposure?
- Is your focus range wide enough?
- Are you recording at the best frames per second?
Learn how to use your camera to its fullest to record great footage
You have a video camera and you want to use it flawlessly.
But it has a complex array of confusing and sometimes conflicting features you’re not sure how to us.
What if you knew what features mattered and how they worked together?
In This Course
We not only teach you the basic fundamentals common to all video cameras but also how they work together to properly expose your shots and create unique effects.
- How digital camera sensors work
- How to read & understand lens apertures
- How f-stops & ISO work together
- Using focus & depth of field to create effects
- Correct frames per second & shutter speed
- Setting & adjusting exposure
- Understanding color temperature
- Recording formats
- Common camera angles
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
- This course is suitable for business owners, content creators, marketing professionals, and future YouTube stars who want to produce quality video
- It is also suitable for internet marketing and social media professionals want to add value to their own services
What are the Course Requirements?
- No materials will be needed for this course
- You will need a basic understanding of operating a video camera in “Manual mode”
After the course?
- All attendees will receive slides of the presentation for their notes
- They will also receive a printable videography cheatsheet
Frank produces, directs, writes, and shoots video content with his company Pixel Valley Studio in the SF Bay area. He experience in the film business spans three decades and multiple disciplines. In 1994 he founded and published FilmCrew Magazine, a trade dedicated to the technical and creative film crew community. In 1997 he co-founded the award-winning creative team the ILL Clan. He has produced, directed, and filmed productions for clients such as CBS, Paramount, Universal, NBC, Warner Brothers, Intel, MTV, SpikeTV, and Microsoft. He currently produces and co-stars in the video production how-to series Pull My Focus with his business partner of over 20 years, Manu Smith.
*Sorry, no refunds for our classes. If you are unable to attend you may transfer to another workshop.
While we focus on general video camera techniques, we do not teach the detailed operation of specific camera types and models. Attendees will need to review their owner’s manual for instructions specific to their make and model.