Mastering Video Production for Business & Marketing
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: 440 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Learn to use a video camera, lights, and audio with an understanding of the commercial video production process. We focus on only the techniques you need to produce the best shots for commercial use.
Businesses want video, today
- Video is everywhere but it takes technical and creative knowledge to create
- For your business, you want to produce video at a higher standard
- Shooting in-house is affordable, but producing quality is not easy
Learn how to use the right equipment to record great commercial footage
You need to setup, light, and record video and audio that works for an edit.
The shots need to look good and work. No pressure.
What if you knew the best camera features and lighting setup for the situation?
In this course, we teach you how to integrate video, audio, and lighting to create your shots. We look at how to turn technical issues into creative choices.
- How to augment existing daylight in business and office settings
- How to lightany interview
- 3 ways to record audio that works
- How to decide exactly what lenses you need & when
- Understanding the basics of “run & gun” videography
- Knowing how to choose your shots during unscripted shoots
- What are the best and interesting camera angles and why
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
- This course is suitable for business owners, content creators, and marketing professionals who want to produce quality video
- It is also suitable for internet marketing and social media professionals want to add value to their own services
What are the Course Requirements?
- No materials will be needed for this course
- You will need a basic understanding of operating a video camera in “Manual mode”
Frank produces, directs, writes, and shoots video content with his company Pixel Valley Studio in the SF Bay area. He experience in the film business spans three decades and multiple disciplines. In 1994 he founded and published FilmCrew Magazine, a trade dedicated to the technical and creative film crew community. In 1997 he co-founded the award-winning creative team the ILL Clan. He has produced, directed, and filmed productions for clients such as CBS, Paramount, Universal, NBC, Warner Brothers, Intel, MTV, SpikeTV, and Microsoft. He currently produces and co-stars in the video production how-to series Pull My Focus with his business partner of over 20 years, Manu Smith.
*Sorry, no refunds for our classes. If you are unable to attend you may transfer to another workshop.
While we focus on general video camera techniques, we do not teach the detailed operation of specific camera types and models. Attendees will need to review their owner’s manual for instructions specific to their make and model.